Artfully Sent Project

Hi everyone, today's post brings a whole new level to the Artfully Sent cartridge. It isn't just for cards and scrapbooking, but you can use it for home decor as well!! I missed the blog hop for this project and that makes me really sad and mad at technology, but I wanted to share this with everyone anyway. I hope it inspires you to make your own faux chalkboard.

I started with this silver metal platter that I found at Dollar Tree:
Then I painted the inside oval part with this chalkboard paint I had sitting around for another project that still hasn't been done.
I let the dry and then painted the outside green edge with just acrylic paint from Walmart. I then used the Joy image from pg.49 of the Artfully Sent cartridge. I ungrouped the image and chose just the "joy" part, which I cut out of white vinyl (here's a cheat, I don't use white viny, I use white contact paper). I added some swirls to finish it off from the Artbooking cartridge pg. 60.  After than was applied I took 3 pieces of chalk and crushed them up, dipped a napkin in it and smeared it around to season the board. It was a lot of fun to do and I am working on some other ones for Christmas gifts.

Comments

Popular Posts