It's a new month... October Mood Board Challenge!

Hi everyone, October is here and with it brings a new mood board challenge at Craftin Desert Divas. I hope that you will play along with us for a chance of a gift certificate or a stamp set. There are a lot of cute stamps, trust me! To play along get your inspiration from the mood board inspiration and share on social media using the #Cddmonthly. Make sure to join the FB group Craftin Desert Divas Gallery and put your project in the October challenge album there. We would love to see your projects and give you some love! Here's October's inspiration


For my project I made this cute mini coffee/drink cup holder. I made the holder and decorated the cup with patterned paper. Behind the belly band there is room for a gift card or little note card.



To create the holder you will need:
Heavy weight cardstock cut to 2.5" wide x 11" long
score at 4.5", 7", 7 3/4", 10 1/4" on the 11" side. 
Between the 7 3/4" and 10 1/4" score lines you will see that you have a square there. You will need to die cut ( I used the inside scalloped circles smallest die) or use a 2"punch to create a circle for 
cup to sit in. Once this is done, you will need to fold and use a bone folder to crease the score lines so that your holder will fold nicely. Put double stick tape on the outside of the last score line and fold together to make a little cup holder. I will have a video later on this but have had technical difficulties getting it taped for you today. Once you play with it, it should be very easy to see how it goes together. For the belly band, you will need to cut a piece of cardstock 3/4" wide x 6.5" long. You just wrap it around the back and secure as tightly as you want so that you can fit a note or gift card behind it. You can then add a cute little stamp there or a sentiment if you wish. 
To cover the cup, I cut open one of the cups to create my template and simply traced it out on patterned paper. Then I cut it out and adhered with with some liquid glue. It is really pretty simply to do and creates a fun little gift! Please feel free to leave me comments and questions and I will get back with you as soon as possible. Be looking for my video coming soon! 

Supplies:




Comments

Popular Posts