Happy Birthday... January Release!

Hello and Happy New 2018! I am so excited for what this year holds and all the craftiness it brings. I am starting the year off with a birthday card using the new digital stamp set, Birthday Surprise, from Craftin Desert Divas. I love these fun characters and I can't wait create more with them. I started by making my background using watercolor paints and some rock/table salt (I used both kinds). Here's what it looked like while drying.

When dried I brushed the salt off and die cut it using the Fancy Frame set. While it was drying I colored my stamped images with Zig Clean Color markers. I added some metallic gel pen details to them and clear nuvo drops for added dimension. I had the fun idea of adding some Sweet Pea sequins on top of the nuvo drops for some fun dimension on the balloons.


From there, I die cut some yellow patterned paper from CTMH. It is double sided and I cut the rectangle from the Inside Scalloped  Rectangle dies and then flipped it over and die cut the new Happy sentiment. I stamped the birthday sentiment from the Sending Sentiments stamp set. Lastly I die cut the banner using the new Party Borders die set from blue glitter cardstock. Once that was done I assembled the card. I am really happy with how it turned out and I hope you are too! 



Here's to a Happy New Year filled with joy and creating! 

Supplies:



Comments

Popular Posts