January 2018 Mood Board Challenge

Happy New Year! I have been busy dealing with sickness, kids, and creating that I will be sharing with you soon. To get started, let's kick it off with the mood board challenge at Craftin Desert Divas. You can find the challenge by joining the facebook page: Craftin Desert Divas Gallery and looking under the events tab there. We have tried to make it easier for everyone to find. If you do play along with us PLEASE be sure to use the #CDDMonthly so we can find your projects :) This month we have some gorgeous inspiration to draw from.

I started my card by using the Winter Village digital stamp set. I set my scene up in Photoshop but you could use word or any other program that allows images. I sized everything and then printed. I also printed it on regular printer paper and fussy cut it out to use as a mask. I used zig two way glue so that it would hold but still come of when I was done inking the background. I used Distressed Oxide inks in the following colors: Cracked Pistachio, Twisted Citron, Iced Spruce, Lucky Clover, and Broken China. I colored it using my Zig realclean markers then I die cut it out using the Fancy Frames die cut set.  Here's the fun part, my 4 year old helped with the Skyfall sequins. I took a phone call and left the sequins and glue out and this is what I came back to. I fell in love with it so I kept it :) Sometimes accidents turn into happy mistakes. I finished it off with some Nuvo Glitter Accent. While I let that dry, I used some Nuvo Embossing Mousse in Aquamarine on the edges of the card base. I finally used some foam tape and attached the card front to base and this is how it turned out!! I am in love with it and wish you could see all the sparkle and shine it has in real life. 




Comments

Popular Posts